Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

Blue Morning Light











I was awake at 5:00 AM this morning.  It's always that way after a storm - I just can't sleep!  When I looked out the north window in the halo of the yard lamp, I could make out a lone mourning dove that I had awakened from her slumber.  She had spent the entire night hunkered down on a maple limb right outside the window.  I went outdoors, wading through snow at 6:00 AM to plug the block heater on the tractor, for an early start plowing.  My dove hadn't moved at 7:00 AM and was still nodding off. 

The pattern, is the storm and the calm that follows, all the birds and mammals in the forest lying low when it is happening, then with clear weather everything becomes busy again.  So it is with me and my dove...

No comments:

Post a Comment