Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunny Spring


West Shore of Mantel Tree Lake, Hants County showing the 'Big Meadow', Dead Brook and islands.



Despite snow still in the woods, it was an absolutely beautiful day on the mountain.  Things are coming to life.  I saw my chipmunk for the first time since last November, that on our first meeting of 2011 remembered to come right up the stairs to me for almonds.  I saw a bat flying around in daylight this afternoon (this is a concern), a Mourning Cloak butterfly and another very small angle winged butterfly that was likely a tortoise shell of some sort (I was on the tractor).  Checked to see if Hoary Elfins had emerged about mid-afternoon, but found none and suspect it is still too cold, although I found some last year around this date.


No comments:

Post a Comment