Total Pageviews

Monday, November 28, 2011

Bird Brain


John Lennon was murdered in early December decades ago.  I remember the night and where I was when I heard the news.  The world shook.  Tonight, Lennon and his song: "All You Need is Love" were very much on my mind. 

I have read the bible many times in my life, and among my favorite quotes embedded in the recesses of my youth from Corinthians: "“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”

And then I remembered this by Norman Maclean from his book, A River Runs Through It:  “At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.  It is those we live with and love and should know who elude us.  You can love completely without complete understanding."

Love is our greatest gift.





1 comment: