Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Free Range Killer Cats


This Black-capped Chickadee managed to escape the grip of a free ranging house cat.  Bitten, bleeding and without her tail, she flew into a small sapling spruce, propping herself up on limbs and twigs against the trunk, waiting for the inevitable - both eyes open even in death.  Despite decades of compelling science telling us factually that our free ranging house cats are the number one cause of human induced bird mortality - we close our eyes to the stark reality of the slaughter that we actively promote and accept.















4 comments:

  1. This is such a powerful post Mark! Those pictures of the chick-a-dee just put a huge lump in my throat. If it's OK with you I'd like to share this on my FB page. I have chick-a-dees everywhere here and this view really hit home!


    Ron Troke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. PS...I enjoyed your Munroe School post and added a comment....thanks for 'finger off' story...I do remember this happening now that you trigger the memory!

      Ron

      Delete